Friday, February 8, 2013

Guest Blogger- Cadence :)

IRISH DANCE

I do Irish dance every Tuesday. I started Irish dance when I was 6 years old.  The first dance I learned was the REAL.  It took a while for me to learn that dance.  Every Tuesday we go over REAL, LIGHT jIG and SLIP jig!  They are the first 3 dances you need to learn.  In Irish dance there is Irish 1, Irish 2 and Irish 3.  I am in Irish 2.  When you get in Irish2 you get to learn hard shoe.  Hard shoe is sort of like tap shoes and when you do hard shoe you have to dance together because if someone was out of place you can hear it.  Every year we have a recital.  This year’s theme is Hawaii.  Our costumes are turquoise with purple and green hanging off.  We are supposed to be mermaids!  I hope after you read this article you will join Irish dance too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Cadence! I love the description of your new costume. I hope I can see you dance sometime soon :)

Mrs. Stanton

Post a Comment